.

.

.

.

Saturday 20 May 2017

Birb Watching || Scrapbook Layout

Hi all,

Here's the first of a series of blog posts that come under the umbrella of 'Emily Loves Scrapbooking Again!!'. There'll be a new layout comprised of non-design team products every Saturday for the considerable future. 

"You stopped loving scrapbooking?!" 
Well, not exactly. But I overthought every single layout I made. 
I'd love to be on a scrapbook design team so I could concentrate on scrapbooking but this is the hand I am dealt right now and I am very grateful for my current opportunities. 
Another problem for me was and is, dolla. I've finished uni and haven't worked out what I want to do with my life yet. So I'm saving what I can and that means I can't justify a scrapbook kit subscription. 

But then National Scrapbooking Day happened.....
I am a member of the 'For The Love Of Pretty Paper' UK scrapbooking group on Facebook. Over that weekend they posted 12 challenges and during the weekend and following week I completed every single one and loved it! I really enjoyed getting stuck in with my stash and not having to stick to any particular brand. I even got completely caught up with my 2017 scrapbook. 

Here is a layout I made for a 'tic-tac-toe' challenge, to pick three items from a table of nine. My choices were fussy cutting, die cut and ink spatters. 

The picture I used is of my boyfriend on a recent visit to the local nature reserve. We had heard a 'birb' (what he likes to call a small bird, it's very sweet), but couldn't see it. Here he is looking for it, camera at the ready.


To make the layout I chose to use my Heidi Swapp 'September Skies' paper pad. I picked it up a couple years ago in TKMaxx before they made the ridiculous decision to stop selling scrapbook supplies.
I fussy cut the floral paper and layered behind the photo, adding die cut birds on top and finally my title, journalling and ink spatters.

Thanks for stopping by!
Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment