.

.

.

.

Saturday 22 April 2017

You Are The Sunshine In My Soul || Scrapbook Layout || Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Wild At Heart'

It's Saturdayyy!

Today I have a layout to share using the 'Wild At Heart' collection by Cocoa Vanilla Studio. It took a while for the collection to become available here in the UK and as soon as it arrived I ordered some things from Hey Little Magpie. I got a sheet of the 12x12" paper, the chipboard frames, die cut ephemera and sticker sheet. Cocoa Vanilla is one of my favourite scrapbooking brands, everything is so gorgeous and a pleasure to work with.

The pictures are of a recent 'date night' (read: Nathan really wanted a Wagamama, I am just, and I quote, a "by-product" (when my mother commented that he spoils me)) . I was taking selfies before we set off. This is the first selfies we have taken since Nathan had his hair cut. He brushes up quite well :0). I can't say why I'm laughing in the second picture. I just kept pressing the shutter on my phone.


I chose this paper because I am obsessed with watercolours. Need I say more! I added some of my own behind the picture and embellishments by using the packaging technique. I tried to emulate the colours that were on the paper already. Once dry I grabbed a heart stencil and painted select areas in 'Payne's Gray' (the best watercolour shade!) 

After that, the layout was super simple to make. I stuck the photos onto the large chipboard frames and layered them up with foam tape, then arranged the embellishments around it. 


Right, it's Nathan's birthday today. He's 22 now. Way to make me feel old. (He was 14 when I met him!!). As I write this ((April 1st)) he's not decided what to do for it so hopefully by now we have something planned. If not then we'll probably end up in Wagamama again...! Would have liked to have gone away but the final uni deadline is less than a week away and it wouldn't have been wise to plan anything.

Thanks for stopping by!
Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment