.

.

.

.

Saturday 25 March 2017

Castle On The Hill || Scrapbook Layout

Happy Saturday!
I have a mixed media layout to share today and it's inspired by 'Castle On The Hill' by Ed Sheeran. If you haven't heard it then a) where have you been for the past 2 months and b) go listen, now! 

When we went to Edinburgh, that song had just come out and it was going through my head when, walking to go out for a drink that evening, the sun was setting over the castle (on the hill). I took a few pictures but there were trees in the way but we got to the art galleries and there was a podium that I climbed on to take this picture (I had to be lifted down).

I still wasn't sure about the picture but I had a play around on my phone on 'Camera 360 Sight' and it has lots of effects to emphasise different weather conditions. This one really brought out the blue and the fire of the sunset. 

For this layout I really wanted to use some orange to bring out the colours of the sky. However, I am repulsed by the colour orange for a silly reason that I don't want to mention...
Anyway, I chose some paper for the background, this is a rather old 'on my desk' paper by Gossamer Blue )which I haven't heard of in ages.) I covered some parts of the paper with gesso and then did the packaging technique with spray ink over the gessoed areas.

The tags/layered papers are from the 'Happy Watercolour' 6x6" paper pad from The Works. It's a real bargain at £1 and the papers are so pretty.

The wood veneer are some form of American Crafts but I can't remember what collection. A lot of my stash is a bit older but that doesn't make it any less wonderful to work with.

The large thickers are from the Paige Evans Fancy Free collections by Pink Paislee and this is the first time I've used them and I love them. They're larger than normal and really grab your attention.

I finished off the layout with some machine stitching and some scrunched up thread.

Thanks for stopping by!
Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment