.

.

.

.

Thursday 15 September 2016

Things To Alter Guest DT - Wild & Free Butterfly Layout

Hi all,

Here is my project I made for the Things To Alter guest DT. Sadly there will be no guest DT after this as the owner is concentrating on her shop, but thankfully I had the opportunity to design for the team once again for the final guest DT post.


I did have a really cool idea for my project but after a few days of working on it, it was Not Very Good. Don't worry, I haven't thrown it away, it's just waiting for me to have more mixed media practice before I have another go. 
Instead, I made a layout using MDF butterflies, masks and a frame with little circles on it.


To start with I took a strip of white cardstock, about half the width of A4 and used two MDF masks as stencils and sprayed purple and fuchsia ink through them (I covered the rest of the paper with scraps).
The butterflies are painted with Distress Paint in Picked Raspberry and then I found some cool purple... I don't know what to call it, I think it was packaging from a gift that I had saved and I stuck it to the back of the butterflies and cut around it.
The background paper is Heidi Swapp 'Wanderlust' and there is also a strip of Pink Paislee 'Take Me Away' paper on there too.

Thanks for stopping by and thank you to Jac at Things To Alter for the opportunity and for the lovely goodies I was sent.

Emily xx

1 comment:

  1. Stunning layout and love the frames. Thank you for being on the guest team at Things to Alter

    ReplyDelete