.

.

.

.

Wednesday 7 September 2016

Pattern Stamping

Hi all,

I spent Monday making up samples for Craft Consortium for their Hochanda shows next week (starting Monday 8pm!) and then at the weekend/yesterday I have been working on a guest design project that doesn't want to work no matter how hard I try so today I will try something different instead.
Meanwhile, here's something I made a while back, a card using pattern stamping, inspired by this video by Jennifer McGuire.


For this I used the Folk Floral stamps by docrafts and also the wooden postcard that came free with Creativity magazine a couple months ago. I don't like the docrafts stamps at all, they never want to stamp properly! I like a nice crisp image and these are all a bit faint... 

I traced the oval shape in the centre of the postcard onto cardstock and cut it out.
I arranged the stamps in a pattern around the oval shape and stamped it, then turned the block upside down and stamped on the lower half of the card.

I coloured the postcard with Artiste watercolour markers and stuck it to the stamped piece of cardstock and then stuck it to a 6x6" card blank using 3D foam dots.

Thanks for stopping by!
Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment