.

.

.

.

Thursday 4 August 2016

Forever Friends Opulent Layout

Hi all,

A new layout to share today using the Forever Friends Opulent paper pack that came free with Docrafts Creativity mag this month. (The mag and stamps have gone on ebay - I hate teddy bears and the mag has gone way downhill with the new editor, but I digress..)

I do like the papers though, and I wanted to make the effort of using them on something as sometimes things just end up at the bottom of a box unused and it's a shame.

Here's what I made. Yes, the baby is me when I had just turned two, with my parents.



The papers are only 4x4" and so it's a bit more difficult to put together a layout using such small papers. So what I did was choose five of the papers (there's six designs but one is a cut apart) and cut them to 3x4" and then did the same with some gold metallic cardstock.
I added some bits from the My Mind's Eye Market Street collection - the papers and embellishments have a nice gold to them that complimented the Opulent papers.
The wooden sentiment is from The Works and I remembered it existed and added it on a day or so after finishing the layout. I had to rephotograph it with it on but it looks so nice. It's coloured with a metallic Sharpie (I don't shut up about those, do I! haha)

It was a huge pain in the A to do the stitching - the gold thread kept coming apart and disintegrating in the sewing machine but I persevered and I love the effect. I added some thread behind the picture too. Here's a close up


I got some parcels yesterday, one from The Works to blog about and two from Docrafts - some dies and a paper pack that I won in their competitions. Just waiting on my prize from Trimcraft now and then I'm told there's something else too so I'm super excited to get those - when I do I think I'll do a haul update on here. I'm so jammy lately aren't I? Very lucky & grateful! 
 I think tomorrow the craft room is due a sort out and a clean as I'm crafting between piles of books and boxes and stash!

Right, it's my birthday today (22!) so I'm off to York with Nathan :) 

Thanks for stopping by!

Emily xx

1 comment: