.

.

.

.

Tuesday 19 July 2016

Peacock Layout Using Resist Techniques

Hi all,

A new layout to share today showing how to make a scrapbook layout using some resist techniques.


I did have a video for this but I wasn't happy with it, so I'll explain the resist techniques I used here.
Firstly I took a white wax crayon and doodled leaves up the page. I then stuck down some peacock outline stickers and went over the whole thing with watercolour. The white of the crayon shows through. I removed the outline stickers and the white of the page behind them shows up brilliantly.

I took a board (packaging from a shirt) and embossed it with an A4 peacock embossing folder. I went over it lightly with Gelatos and rubbed them with my finger to blend them together. The embossed areas stay white.

The feathers are made with dies by Xcut and the ends coloured with a silver Sharpie.


Thanks for stopping by, any questions then leave a comment!
Emily xx


4 comments:

  1. Wow just beautiful. Great work x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily this is stunning. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning layout and love the layers of bright colours.

    ReplyDelete