.

.

.

.

Saturday 21 May 2016

Beach Layout Using An A4 Photo

Hi all,

My first layout using my holiday snaps from Spain is something I've wanted to make for a while - a layout using an A4 photo. 

I was worried quality would be an issue with this - the picture I wanted to use, the one I did use, was taken on my mobile phone - I learnt the hard way to never take a camera on to the beach! 
Luckily it printed out great - probably no different to if I printed out something from my camera.
We spent the morning on the beach and then got some lunch at the galleria in Fuengirola, then packed and flew home that night. I sent Nathan to test out the water and I took the picture - it was the perfect shot! The lovely morning on the beach made up for a week of rain. Nathan's sunburn was bad enough with one day of sun so perhaps it was good it wasn't like it the whole time we were there! 


When I started this layout I thought the background looked too plain - but a patterned background paper might have distracted from my picture, so instead I arranged some small clear stamps onto an acrylic block, and stamped repeatedly down the page using a ruler as a guide to keep the line straight. 
Most of the stickers are by Simple Stories 'You Are Here'. The acetate is from a sheet from Crate Paper 'Poolside'. The enamel dots and wood veneers are from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Emily xx

1 comment: