.

.

.

.

Saturday 26 December 2015

You Light Up My Life - Stitched Layout

Hi all,

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas Day and Santa brought you what you wanted! I'm now chillin' in the jammies I got in the sales today with a glass of Bailey's.
Here's my latest layout. For our photography project at uni, one aspect was portraits so I wanted to have some interesting lighting going on so I got Nathan to hold some Christmas lights, in the garage with the lights off.
The lightbulb paper from the Heidi Swapp 'September Skies' paper pad was perfect for this layout!

Lately I've been inspired by circular layouts. I always enjoy a bit of stitching too so I got my compass out and drew two circles, one a little smaller than the page and another inside that. I started by stitching around the outer circle in orange but I pulled it out because I didn't like it. Instead I stitched between the circles for part of the way around. I just pierced the paper at points along the outer circle that intersected with the edges on the lightbulbs on the backing paper. I then stitched towards the centre point. For the outside edge I did the same, finishing each stitch 1.5cm from the edge. 

A close up of the title, stamped using the Traditional Alpha stamp set from docrafts. I lined the letters up on the layout before pressing the clear stamp block onto them so they were in perfect alignment with the curve of the circle. 

We're going to the pantomime (Snow White) in Grimsby tomorrow afternoon.
We went every year when we were little, and back in October my cousin said how fun it would be to go again... the next day, my grandma rang to see how many tickets to book...
Also it'll be my first time driving on the motorway... luckily so far my dad has been a good teacher so I can't see there being any problems. I drove to the outlet today with Nathan and it all went fine and we got some things from the Next sale. Super pleased with myself :)

Until next time...!
Emily xx

2 comments: