.

.

.

.

Saturday 28 November 2015

An update and a brand new layout!

Hi all

Been so busy lately... uni is such a pain in that you get nothing to do for weeks and then the deadlines approach and it's worth making a start so Nathan and I have been doing some photography and filming this week. Luckily I enjoy the photography aspect (most of the time!). Here's a portrait I took of Nathan. (I had to stand on a bench to get a decent angle. I hate being 4'11") Glad he's still wearing the scarf I knitted for him last year! :)
Also when I was shopping with my parents last week I picked up some new supplies, a set of ink pads and a My Mind's Eye chipboard embellishment set from TKMaxx. It's actually a better store for crafts than Hobbycraft because there's always something that little bit different. I couldn't resist the chipboard, especially as it has lots of gold foiling and I do love some sparkle. 


So, I had to have a picture to make a layout using those embellishments (obviously!) so I asked Nathan if he would take a selfie with me.
It's a bit different to what I usually do, more simple, but it works better that way I think. I tried to do an 'ombre' thing with the papers and embellishments to match the background paper... it kind of worked until I added the chipboard but then having a hint of pink at the bottom and a hint of teal at the top balances it out.


Thanks for stopping by!
Emily xx




1 comment: