.

.

.

.

Wednesday 30 September 2015

Fireplace Shadow Box Christmas Card

Hi all,

I've been crafting with the XCut Fireplace Shadow Box die set. It's not the most versatile product in the world, but I wanted to try something a little bit different.

So I made a card. But not just any card. A card that can be used as a Christmas decoration!
It's an easel card. I assembled the die cuts and then taped the top edge to the edge of a 13.5cm square card blank.
The collection I used is the Papermania Pocket Full Of Posies range. I didn't want to do a red and green traditional theme, instead I used pale blue, hot pink, blue-green and pale beige. And yet the card still feels very cosy.
Instead of backing the fireplace with paper or card, I used vellum.
I ordered LED tealights on ebay (2 for 99p! Bargain!) and put one in the gap when the card is stood up.


The tealights even flicker like a real candle. Made a little video.


Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment