.

.

.

.

Wednesday 16 September 2015

Don't be afraid to experiment! (Distress Paint)

Hi everyone,

Picked up some real bargains at the weekend. The garden centre we usually go to while visiting my grandparents is stopping selling craft supplies (Boo!) but on the flipside, I got these lovely goodies half price.


I've never used Distress Paint before. But I do like to experiment with mixed media... So onto Youtube I went and I watched Tim Holtz show a couple techniques...

Then I had a play for myself. Just trying different layers of paint, adding water, adding spray ink both by misting and dripping onto the tag.
Once that dried, on the top left I used the blue paint on a stamp. This would work better on a less detailed stamp - when dry it didn't really look like anything so I went over it with a gel pen.
The top right is stamped and then sprayed with purple 'Cosmic Shimmer' ink.
First on the bottom row is stamped with a lime ink pad, the second is the same in blue. I do love Kaisercraft stamps...
Third is dripping inks in a row to follow the line of the paint.
And lastly stamped with a 3D butterfly at the bottom. Not because I messed up and needed a 3D butterfly to cover it up...




So, don't be afraid to experiment! Some of these I might not use, but it's practice with them so I know how to use them properly. If you've got a spare hour, just have a play with something you've not used before. 

I can't wait to use these paints on a new layout..!

Emily x




2 comments: